Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sloppy Joes

Today is October 1st and I LOVE this time of year! The leaves are starting to turn, the air outside is cool/crisp, and I love to permeate the house with fantastic smells from the kitchen. Since its a football night tonight (Go C.U. Buffs!), I've decided on sloppy joes for dinner tonight. This recipe is not only easy and quick to prepare, but my family goes nuts over these warm delicious sandwiches. This recipe was passed on to me by my wonderful brother in law "John" who is a fantastic cook.

SLOPPY JOES

Serving Size: 6-8 sport fans

Ingredients: Two pounds of lean ground Beef or Buffalo, One yellow onion finely chopped, 1 green bell pepper finely chopped, 1 Tbsp of white vineger, 1 Tbsp of granulated white sugar, 1/2 bottle of Catsup, soft white or whole wheat buns.

Preparation: Brown beef and onion in skillet, add remaining ingredients, and simmer uncovered on low for 1 hour stirring occasionally.

Note: I often serve the sloppy joes with cole slaw on the side or on top of the meat mixture in the bun (personal preference). You can thinly slice up the cabbage and grate carrot yourself or if your in a hurry, grab the prepared bagged version in the produce refrigerated section of your local grocery store along with the cole slaw dressing.
Cole slaw dressing: Mix together light mayonnaise (about 1/2 cup), 1 Tbsp of white vinegar, 1 tsp of mustard seeds, and salt and pepper to taste.

Grab a bag of chips a cold drink and enjoy the game!

Buon Appetito!
Tracy Michelle

P.S. Let me know how you and family/friends enjoyed the sloppy joes by emailing me at tracy91@insight.rr.com




No comments:

Post a Comment